Welcome to the Books and Beer Club podcast!
If you like books and beer, or either, you’ve come to the right place! We’ll discuss what we’re reading and what we’re drinking. And if you listen to books, or don’t drink beer – You’re welcome to join us too! The more the merrier!
Apologies up front for the sound quality and format – It’s going to take a few episodes to get into the swing of things and figure out what works best for everyone!
Curious about the format, the host, or the plan? Thought you might be! So let’s talk!
Who and Why?
Your host – Jenn – an introvert, avid reader, writer, and beer fan, though not expert
Why – I love stories and beer. When I’m too shy to talk about anything else, I’ll spend hours talking about both of these subjects!
The Plan- Weekly episodes
- Basic/Default – Introduce the beer I’m drinking, discuss the book I’m reading or have finished, discuss and rate the beer.
- Chat – the basic format but with another book or beer fan – I can probably manage a few of these.
- Interview – the basic format but instead of what book I’m reading, an interview with a brewer or author – I hope I get some guests to come on the podcast
So let’s get this underway! This is what I’m drinking. It’s a special beer for a special occasion. Firestone Walker 22 Anniversary Ale
- This is blended beer with an ABV of 12.7% that combines the 2018 vintages of the following:
- Stickee Monkee (Central Coastal Quad)
- Parabola (Russian Imperial Stout)
- Bravo (Imperial Brown Ale)
- Rum Barrel Helldorado (Blonde Barleywine)
- Gin Barrel Helldorado (Blonde Barleywine)
Since this is the introductory podcast, I haven’t started or finished any books yet. What am I planning on reading?
- From Unseen Fire by Cass Morris
- I Was Told There’d Be Cake by Sloane Crosley
- Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi
The Beer, again
So what do I think about this beer?
You can find more information about the brewery at Firestone Walker Brewing Company
If you’d like to track the beers you try, check out Untappd.
Where can you find or contact us?
- Our website: Books and Beer Club
- Join the Facebook group: Books and Beer Club
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voicemail at 512-920-2294
- Follow Jenn
Support the Podcast
- Leave a review on your favorite podcast provider
- Donate to the books and beer fund on Ko-fi
Until next time, Turn the page and lift a glass! Cheers!
The music used in this episode is “Kitty In the Window” from the Said Lion to Lamb album by Podington Bear and obtained from the Free Music Archive.
This podcast is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.